2021 TACONIC RANGERS NORTH 14U-18U FALL COLLEGE PREP PROSPECT PROGRAM-
For rising 8th-12th Grade players in the Fall of 2021 (2026, 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022 HS Graduates) who are interested in playing college baseball and who are interested in joining the Taconic Rangers organization for the Summer of 2022.
The 14U-18U College Prep Prospect Program will be directed by former NY Mets Minor Leaguer and Taconic Rangers Fall Program Director, Al Hammell.
The Taconic Rangers staff will use the 8th-12th Grade Fall College Prep Prospect Program to evaluate interested players for the TACONIC RANGERS NORTH and SOUTH programs to help us develop our 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U, and 18U rosters for the Summer of 2022.
The Fall Program will consist of:
-2 weekends of Optional "Role-Call" Tournament Play- Labor Day and Columbus Day Weekends:
(Extra cost per tournament)
- Labor Day "Role-Call" Tournament Play- 15U/16U, 17U/18U STARZ SHOWCASE EVENT-Villanova Ballpark at Plymouth- September 4-5, 2021. 3 game guarantee with Playoff format and with college coaches in attendance at games for one day. $250 per position/two-way player and $150 per pitcher only.
- Columbus Day "Role-Call" Tournament Play- 15U/16U, 17U/18U FIRECRACKER SPORTS COLUMBUS DAY BASH- Norwich, Connecticut- October 9-11, 2021. 3 game guarantee with Playoff format. $200 per position/two-way player and $100 per Pitcher Only. (FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8- 6:00pm COLLEGE SHOWCASE @ Dodd Stadium in Norwich, CT option with college coaches present for all registered players, add $125 to cost to participate- optional)
-4 weekends of Saturday/Sunday baseball sessions with a work-session/development workout each Saturday and then a college coach/campus showcase day each Sunday.
- Saturday baseball workout/development sessions will run for approximately 2 hours each week at the Dutchess Community College Baseball Field. Players can choose to attend these workouts depending on their own weekly fall schedule. Each Saturday session will consist of baseball development/skill work sessions for players looking to play a position in the Taconic Rangers program. Pitchers can also come to these workouts to throw long-toss, do flat-ground work, and throw a bullpen on these days. Players are also encouraged to visit and attend college campuses or attend college campus prospect camps on their own on Saturdays in the fall.
- Sunday College Campus Sessions (Tentative: Fairfeld University, Lehigh University, St. John's University, Marist College) Baseball sessions on campuses will be approximately 3 hours each week to will include a player development workout session and then we will transition to Red/Blue Rangers game play with pitchers throwing live sets to hitters with either the college coach present at the campus being visited, or we will have invited DI, DII, and DIII coaches attending at the DCC Baseball Field. This will depend on the availability of college campuses in the fall due to Covid circumstances.
-5 weeks of Tuesday and Thursday evening (6:00pm or 7:00pm time slots) performance and strength/agility training sessions (10 total sessions) at NORTHSTAR SPORTS with professional NorthStar trainers.
- Tuesday/Thursday evening performance sessions will be strength/agility workouts held in two separate time slots (6:00pm/7:00pm) for 5 weeks (10 sessions in total) at NORTHSTAR SPORTS 66 Page Park Drive, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. Players can attend twice a week, once a week, or not at all, depending on their own weekly fall schedule. All position players and pitchers will be provided with their baseline physical strength and agility metrics as well as their baseline Hitting/Pitching RAPSODO and BLAST MOTION baseball metrics to be utilized to track hitter/pitcher progress as we prepare for our Taconic Rangers Winter Workout Program at NorthStar Sports beginning in November. We are excited about our partnership with NorthStar Sports and the use of these performance metrics to enhance our Taconic Rangers player development program.
-1 Weekend (October 15-17) with selected Summer of 2022 14U, 15U, 16U, and 17U Taconic Rangers rosters attending a tournament event. No extra cost for selected players.
-Spots in the 2021 Taconic Rangers 8th-12th Grade Fall College Prep Prospect Program will be limited at each position and will be given on a first-come/first-served basis once a player is accepted into the fall program. Current Rangers players get first opportunity to enroll.
FALL 2021 Dates and Tentative Sites:
September 4-5- Labor Day Weekend- Optional "Role-Call" Tournament Play
STARZ Showcase Event- Villanova Ballpark @ Plymouth, PA
September 11-12- Saturday DCC Workout/ Sunday Fairfield University Campus Showcase Day
September 18-19- Saturday DCC Workout/ Sunday Lehigh University Campus Showcase Day
September 25-26- Saturday DCC Workout/ Sunday St. John's University Campus Showcase Day
October 2-3- Saturday DCC Workout/ Sunday Marist College Campus Showcase Day
October 9-10- Columbus Day Weekend- Optional "Role-Call" Tournament Play
Firecracker Sports Showcase Event- Norwich, CT
October 15-17- Sal Agostonelli College 16U-17U Showcase Tournament- Baseball Heaven- Yaphank, NY or attendance at an alternate tournament event. The October 15-17 tournament weekend will be attended by our Summer of 2022 selected rosters 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U at no extra cost to selected players.
The Division I Colleges that have been visited in the past by the Taconic Rangers Fall College Prep Prospect Program for on campus Sunday Showcase workouts include: Fairfield University, St. John's University, Siena College, Marist College, Stony Brook University, Sacred Heart University, Army West Point. Note: Due to the circumstances surrounding Covid-19, the College campus field showcase workouts will be contingent upon campus field availability for the Fall of 2021. Otherwise, Sunday workouts will take place at the DCC Baseball Field with invited college coaches in attendance.
-Please understand that players who are NOT selected to a Summer of 2022 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U roster will NOT gain a spot on the final fall tournament rosters for the last weekend October 15-17. That tournament will be reserved for players selected to Summer of 2022 rosters.
-There will be no partial registrations and no refunds. Make-up dates will be announced in the case of inclement weather.
-Please understand that your participation in the Fall Prospect Program DOES NOT guarantee you a spot on a Summer of 2022 Taconic Rangers 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U or 18U+ roster.
-Attention rising 12th Graders (2022 Grads)-The Taconic Rangers will be developing a HVCBL Taconic Rangers 18U+ college summer league team to include college bound seniors and current college players. This team will participate in the Hudson Valley Collegiate Baseball League (HVCBL) during the Summer of 2022. Current Rangers rising 12th Graders (2022 Grads) will be eligible for the HVCBL roster. Rising 12th Graders are encouraged to participate in the Fall Prospect Program and the Taconic Rangers off-season training for development purposes if they are interested in playing in the HVCBL in the Summer of 2022.
-For the Fall Program, positional play time, batting order placement, and innings pitched during the weekly workouts and Red/Blue game play will be based on ability and performance as evaluated by the Taconic Rangers coaching staff.
-Please understand that some players may be designated as "Pitcher Only" during the Sunday weekly Red/Blue game play and for tournament event play. These players will still be able to participate in the weekly workouts as a position player if they so choose. We will work to give all players a fair shot at each position and on the mound to show what they can do during the Fall Program.
-The player fee for the 2021 Taconic Rangers 9th-12th Grade Fall Prospect Program is $850.
($425 non-refundable deposit due to secure your spot; $425 Balance due before the 1st Fall Session)
This payment includes:
4 weekends of Saturday/Sunday baseball sessions and Sunday college showcase days (8 total sessions); 5 weeks of Tuesday and Thursday NorthStar Sports performance strength/agility training sessions (10 total sessions); the Rapsodo and Blast Motion baseball metric measurements; 1 weekend of a tournament event October 15-17 (if selected to a 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U summer roster); a Rangers jersey, hat, and belt. Players will provide their own gray baseball pants, catcher's gear, and batting helmets.
*Please be sure to have read all of the information above and consider all of these factors carefully as you decide whether or not this is the program for you for this fall season. If you have any questions regarding the structure of the program please call and ask those questions BEFORE committing to the program. Only program credit will be given, no refunds.
-Coach Hammell can be reached at 845-527-0897 with any questions at any time.
Fall Prospect Program Coordinator